I am doing some work to iron out if the cognitive functions have emotional implications on the person. Does Feeling Judging cause a unique response to shame, or a particular way of expressing caring? Do TPs have a unique relationship to pain management and satisfaction? Are the cognitive functions perhaps driven by these emotional components? I believe it is possible that emotions drive much of our cognitive processing. Those with stronger emotions tend to show a higher brain activity, and deeper emotional processing also drives deeper thinking. So what does this mean? Let me show you my first theories on this subject. But be critical, and share your own theories if you have any. I have only scratched the surface on this topic, and my early thoughts could well be wrong!
MBTI Relationship compatibility database
Support my goal to build a free database with relationship compatibility advice for all personality types & Enneagrams
Support my research
Patreons get access to coaching and advanced personality reports.
- Personality Traits
- Carl Jung’s Cognitive Functions Explained
- Extroverted Feeling – Interpersonal Intelligence
- Extroverted iNtuition – Patterns Intelligence
- Extroverted Sensing – Nature Intelligence
- Extroverted Thinking – Mathematical Intelligence
- Introverted Feeling – Intropersonal Intelligence
- Introverted iNtuition – Existential Intelligence
- Introverted Sensing – History Intelligence
- Introverted Thinking – Logical-Mathematical Intelligence