My personality test has a unique testing algorithm. No other personality type online works this way. If you are familiar with the basic eight personality traits, you can start to master the cognitive functions. The cognitive functions are based on combinations of personality traits. Essentially, what we are looking for is, how do different personality traits interact in a person. What happens if you combine the traits of Intuition and Introversion in one person?
What are the cognitive functions?
The cognitive functions are patterns of thinking. You can use the cognitive functions to literally begin to understand your own mind and your common thinking patterns.
- I need to withdraw to think about how I can improve or change a situation
- I can make the world better by taking a more theoretical approach to life
- I need to be challenged by complex problems or issues that can only be solved by thinking
- I need to go out into the world to learn how to improve or change things
- I can make the world better by showing it new opportunities
- I want to be challenged by complex problems that could only be solved through a new approach
- I need to withdraw to find proof or evidence
- I can improve the world by helping verify information
- I want to be challenged to evaluate and test what facts are true and which are false
- I need to go out into the world to find proof or evidence
- I can make the world better by creating a shared community for everyone
- I want to be challenged to present you with real examples of something
- I need to withdraw to introspect and understand my feelings or values
- I can make a difference by helping people understand and empathise with one another
- I want to be challenged to really listen and hear what you are feeling or experiencing
- I need to go out to better understand my feelings or values
- I can solve problems by teaching people ethics and communicating my values & beliefs
- I like to be challenged to really connect and build a genuine friendship with you
- I need to withdraw to think about a situation rationally
- I can make a difference by helping people analyse a problem critically
- I like to be challenged to think of smart feedback to something
- I need to go out to understand a situation more objectively
- I can improve the world by being the best or strongest at a task or skill
- I want to be competed with or tested
Erik Thor’s Cognitive Functions
I tend to look at cognitive functions two and two because no cognitive function ever works alone. Introverted iNtuition tends to naturally connect to either Introverted Feeling or Introverted Thinking. I want you to start learning about the cognitive functions by looking at this infographic.
Your cognitive functions can be directly traced to your personality type. ENFJs have EN, FJ, EF, and NJ as their four flow functions. ISTPs have IS, IT, TP and SP as their cognitive functions. Learn more about the MBTI types here:
What are your cognitive functions and how do you see the cognitive functions in yourself? Take the Personality Test here: